Skip to Content

Overseas students

Overseas students

If you are in Australia on a student visa from the UK, Sweden, the Netherlands, Belgium, Italy, New Zealand or Slovania you are covered by Medicare. Students from Norway, Finland, Malta and the Republic of Ireland are not covered by the agreements with those countries.

Overseas students not covered by Reciprocal Health Care Agreements are required to take out Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC); a special health insurance policy designed specifically for overseas students studying in Australia.

We would strongly recommend that all students take an inexpensive Overseas Student Health Cover to ensure that you do not incur any unexpected medical expenses which can be quite substantial depending on the condition being treated.

Should you wish to take advantage of our free assessment / quotation service please call us on 1300 44 22 01 (within Australia) or +61 3 94399888 (outside Australia) so that we can provide you with our professional recommendations and quotations for the policies that will best suit your particular requirements.

Alternatively, to enquire about HICA’s services for overseas students simply contact us,